Apple, Berry & Oat Crumble
There’s nothing better than a comforting bowl of crumble and custard! (or ice-cream on a hot day). This apple crumble has a lovely added bonus of using oats flavoured with freeze-dried raspberry and toasted coconut chips.Delicious!
Try it with my Easy Vanilla Custard.
- 700g apples, peeled and sliced
- 50g white sugar/golden sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup Harraways Raspberry and Coconut Oats
- 20g brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 75g butter, slightly softened plus extra if needed.
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a saucepan, add sliced apples, sugar, water and lemon juice. Stir and cook over a gentle heat for a few minutes until apple is softened.
- Pour mixture into a baking dish (approx. 23cm x 5cm deep) and smooth down.
- To make crumble: mix plain flour, Harraways Raspberry & Coconut Oats, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Mix together well using a spoon. Mix or rub in butter (using fingers is easiest). Add a little extra butter if mixture looks dry.
- Stir through chopped walnuts and sprinkle over the prepared apple.
- Cook at 180°C for approx. 20 mins or until topping is golden brown.
- Serve with custard or ice-cream.
If you find your crumble topping ever looks a little dry and floury, then just rub in some extra butter. Similarly if your crumble topping clumps together TOO much, then add a little more flour or oats.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!
Featured on The Cafe, Friday 30 October 2020