Witch Finger Shortbread
I love baking fun spooky treats for Halloween. This Witch Finger Shortbread recipe looks gruesome but tastes delicious!
Melt-in-the-mouth golden buttery shortbread filled with jam.
- 100g icing sugar
- 225g butter, softened
- 250g flour
- Sliced almonds for fingernails!
- Mix together icing sugar and butter for approx 3 mins, until pale and creamy.
- Sieve in flour and mix gently, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Cover and chill in fridge for 1+ hour.
- Roll out dough onto greaseproof paper, approx 40cm x 25cm.
- Cut in half lengthways, and cut pieces approx 2-3 cm wide.
- Spread each piece with a little strawberry jam. Then curl up the sides and pinch closed (see video).
- Add a sliced almond for a finger nail. Press down lightly to create knuckle shapes, and use the back of a knife to add wrinkles.
- Add some extra jam to the stumps for extra gruesomeness!
- Chill in fridge for 1 hour. Then bake at 160°C for 15-20 mins.
- If the dough gets too soft while rolling it out, pop it back into the fridge for a little while.
- Don’t cut the pieces too thick or wide, or they’ll spread into very fat fingers!
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!