White Chocolate & Coconut Mug Cake
Mug Cakes are so ridiculously easy, and tasty! This is a White Chocolate & Coconut version of my Ultimate Mug Cake. A lovely sweet fluffy sponge, flavoured with vanilla, white chocolate, coconut and jam. Yum! This makes a polite cup & saucer size dessert – double the ingredients if you wanted more of a substantial mug-size cake.
Or try my Peanut Butter & Chocolate Mug Cake here.
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1-2 tsp sugar*
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- A pinch salt
- 2 tsp white chocolate drops
- 1 tbsp cooking oil (eg canola)
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp jam
- 2 tsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp of water to sprinkle over the top
*the amount of sugar needed will depend on the sweetness of the jam being used. I’d suggest just starting with 1 tsp sugar.
- In your mug/cup, stir together the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, coconut, salt).
- Add in the vegetable oil, milk and vanilla essence, stirring until the mixture is smooth.
- Mix through the white chocolate drops.
- Lift a spoonful of mixture out the mug – drop in the 2 tsp of jam – and cover back over with the mixture (creating a jammy centre).
- Sprinkle a teaspoon of water over the top of the mixture (this stops the pudding from drying out) and microwave for approx. 60 seconds on high* (checking after 50 seconds).
Microwaves cook at different temperatures. This is based on a 900w microwave so alter the time if needed. The cake may need +/- 15 seconds.
This makes a cup & saucer size pudding (which I find is big enough as it’s quite rich). If you want a bigger amount then double the recipe.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!