A Victoria Sandwich cake fit for a Queen… or even a Duchess!
Named after Queen Victoria, this classic cake takes just 20 mins in the oven. Then fill with jam and cream for a yummy treat.
- 225g butter
225g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
225g self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°. Grease and line the bottoms of two 20cm cake tins.
- Cream together butter and sugar, until pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla essence, flour, baking powder. Gently fold (don’t overmix).
- Spoon into prepared tins.
- Bake for 20-25 mins, or until cakes spring back when lightly touched.
- Cool on rack. Once cold, spread jam, then whipped cream on one. Layer the second cake on top and dust with icing sugar. Enjoy!
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!