Strawberry Marble Cake
Strawberry and vanilla combine to make this scrumptious Strawberry Marble Cake. The recipe’s fun and easy to make.
Perfect for afternoon tea, school lunches, or even a baby shower!
- 200g butter
- 200g sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 200g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp strawberry flavour
- 1/2 tsp pink colouring
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/8 tsp butter, softened
- 1 tbsp warm water
- 1/4 tsp strawberry flavouring
- Pink colouring to suit
- Preheat oven to 180°
- Cream together butter and sugar. Gradually mix in beaten eggs.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder.
- Divide into two bowls
- In one bowl, mix in vanilla essence. In the second bowl, stir through food colour and flavouring.
- Spoon alternative colours into a greased ring tin (see video). Use a skewer to swirl and create a marbled affect.
- Bake for 35-40 mins. Leave in tin for 10 mins, then turn onto a rack to cool.
- For the icing: Mix together the icing sugar, butter, warm water, flavouring and colouring. (Adjust colouring as to whether you want a soft pale pink, or vibrant hot pink).
- Pour icing over cooled cake. Enjoy!
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!