Strawberry Cream Meringues
This fool-proof recipe for Strawberry Cream Meringues is delightfully good.
Perfect for afternoon tea, baby shower, Valentine’s Day, or just because!
- 6 egg whites, room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- 330g caster sugar
- ¼ tsp strawberry flavour/colour
- Cream: ½ cup cream, whipped. 5 ripe strawberries
1) Preheat oven to 90°C.
2) Whisk egg whites and salt until soft peaks form.
3) Slowly add the caster sugar – a tablespoon at a time. Mix well each time so the sugar dissolves.
4) Whisk in food flavouring/colour.
5) Spoon or pipe onto a lined baking tray. (If you don’t have a piping bag, try filling a plastic snaplock bag and snipping the end off. )
6) Cook at 90° for approx. 90 mins. Then turn off oven, leaving meringues inside until cool .
7) To make the cream: mash 4 or 5 strawberries with a fork. Whip ½ cup cream, and stir in. Sandwich the cooled meringues together with cream. YUM!
The unfilled meringues will keep in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks, or frozen for a month.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!