Stir Fry Beef Noodles with Ginger Broth
A tasty meal with beef, veggies, noodles and an easy ginger broth.
- 350g rump steak, sliced
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1 x green chilli
- 2 tsp sweet soy sauce
- 1 tsp miso paste * (or tahini paste)
- 1 tsp honey
- 200g ramen noodles (or two packs MAGGI FUSIAN noodles)
- 500ml beef stock
- 80ml soy sauce
- Knob of fresh ginger, sliced
- 2 spring onions
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 100g fresh mushrooms eg shiitake or brown
- 2 bunches Asian greens (eg bok choy, Chinese cabbage)
- Edamame beans or green beans
- 1 red chilli
- 1 spring onion
(see my notes below!)
- Season the beef with freshly cracked pepper and a splash of oil. Allow to rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Mix together the grated ginger, finely chopped green chilli, sweet soy sauce, miso, honey and 2 tsp water in a small bowl.
- Heat stock in a large pot with soy sauce, sliced ginger, and spring onions. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to allow to simmer. Add lemon juice. Add the noodles and cook for approx. 3-4 mins or until tender.
- Heat a wok or frying pan on a medium to high heat. Add some oil and coat the pan. Drop pieces of beef into the wok, cook all sides for 2-3 minutes until browned. Add in the sliced mushrooms. Add sweet soy sauce mix and quickly toss to coat the meat. When heated through remove from pan and allow to rest for 3 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with steamed Asian greens, edamame beans, red chilli, spring onions, and lemon wedges. Pour over the simmering ginger broth and serve hot.
On The Cafe I made this recipe using two packs of MAGGI FUSIAN Soy & Mild Spice Noodles. These noodles come with four different flavour sachets (sweet soy sauce, seasoning oil, spice mix and chilli) so I used these packets and omitted some of the ingredients listed above.
- In step 1 – I used the seasoning oil and the chilli packets on the beef.
- In step 2 – I used the sweet soy packet (instead of the 2 tsp sweet soy sauce listed) and used the chilli packet (instead of the green chilli listed).
- In step 3 – I added the spice mix to the ginger broth.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!
This recipe featured on The Cafe, Friday 6 November 2020