Stained Glass Biscuits
My kids love helping to make these Stained Glass Biscuits at Christmas – especially smashing up the lollies!
As well as looking pretty, you can mix up the flavours depending on which lollies you choose. Even sugar-free ones work!
- 250g butter
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- Boiled lollies (mixed colours) or lollipops
- Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla essence.
- Add an egg, mix to combine.
- Fold in flour and mix to form a dough. Knead gently until smooth.
- Cover the dough and chill in the fridge for 45 mins.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Break up lollies (I like to put them inside a bag, and bash with a rolling pin!)
- Roll out dough onto a lightly floured bench top.
- Using cookies cutters, cut out larger shapes with smaller shapes inside (see video).
- Bake for 5 mins, then sprinkle the crushed lollies inside and bake for a further 5 mins.
- Leave on tray until cool.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!