Speedy Golden Syrup Sponge
Delicious, sticky, comforting, hot, steamy pudding!
This microwave golden syrup dessert is super quick to make too.
- 50g butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- Splash of vanilla essence
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 spoons of golden syrup
- Spray the insides of four microwaveable mugs with spray oil.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla essence. Mix again.
- Add flour and milk, and mix until smooth.
- Pour a spoonful of golden syrup into the bottom of each prepared mug.
- Add the mixture on top. Microwave all four mugs on medium power, for 5-7 mins.
- Tip mug upside down on plate, and enjoy!
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!