Self-Saucing Lemon Pudding
A deliciously light and fluffy sponge on top with a luscious lemon sauce underneath. This is such an easy dessert to make, and so tasty! I love how it uses three whole lemons (juice and zest) so there’s no waste. It’s lighter than many other types of self-saucing puddings, but still perfect comfort food.
- 75g butter or marge
- 190g sugar
- 3 lemons, zest and juice
- 3 eggs, separated
- 75g flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 200ml milk
- Spray a 1.5 litre ovenproof dish with oil, or lightly grease with butter. Preheat oven to 180°C or 160°C fan.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Mix in the lemon zest.
- Add the egg yolks, mixing well.
- Stir through the flour and baking powder.
- Slowly mix in the milk and lemon juice (the mixture may look curdled, this is fine).
- In a clean bowl with clean mixers, whisk the egg whites to soft peaks. Fold into the lemon mix.
- Pour into the prepared dish and bake for 40 minutes until the sponge layer on top is lightly golden.
- Best served immediately – as is, or with a spoon of cream or ice-cream.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!