Savoury Herb Shortbread
Featured on The Cafe, Monday 20 April 2020
Golden buttery shortbread biscuits with a pop of fresh herbs. A delicious savoury snack!
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese or tasty cheddar
- 120g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh sage, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp frest thyme, chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- Rosemary, sage, parsley and thyme
- 1 tsp butter, melted
- Place the flour and herbs in a food processor and pulse until herbs are fine and mixed in. Add the grated cheese, butter, salt and pepper and blend until a crumbly dough forms. This will only take 30 seconds to 1 minute. (Or, chop the herbs by hand and use a hand mixer to combine the ingredients.)
- Pour dough onto a floured board and lightly knead. Roll the mixture into a log shape, wrap with plastic film or reusable wrap and place in the fridge until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Remove the log from the fridge, remove the wrap and slice into 1cm rounds.
- Lightly dab the shortbread with melted butter, then place the extra herbs on top to decorate. Place the shortbread onto the baking tray, leaving room around each shortbread to expand.
- Bake for 15 minutes until just golden. Let sit for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. The shortbread will firm up as they cool.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!