Delicious, chunky, chocolatey Rocky Road! No oven required. Mix and match the ingredients to suit, it couldn’t be easier! This slice always goes down well with kids and adults alike, and great for bake-sales too.
- 150g plain biscuits eg milk arrowroot, digestives (approx 18 milk arrowroot biscuits)
- 135g butter
- 200g milk/dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100g mini marshmallows (or regular size chopped up)
- 130g total made up of: dried fruit (eg raisins, cranberries), chopped nuts (eg cashews, peanuts, macadamias, walnuts), popcorn, even a chopped up chocolate bar or honeycomb!
- Line a 20cm square tin with baking paper.
- Place the biscuits in a large bowl. Use the end of a rolling pin to break them up into a mix of large and small pieces (not crumbs).
- In the microwave, or in a saucepan on the hob, melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup over a gentle heat stirring constantly. Remove from the heat when there are no lumps of chocolate left, stir through vanilla essence and leave to cool a little.*
- In a bowl, mix together the broken biscuits, mini marshmallows and up to 120g of additional ingredients (eg dried fruit, nuts, popcorn, broken up honeycomb). Pour over the melted chocolate and stir until combined.
- Tip the mixture into the lined baking tin, and spread it out to the corners. Chill for at least 2 hrs, then cut into pieces.
*Make sure the chocolate has cooled a little before adding to the rest of the ingredients, or else the marshmallows could melt.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!
This recipe featured on The Cafe, Monday 13 July 2020