Got a tree bursting with persimmons? You’ve GOT to try my Persimmon Cake with cream cheese icing!
It’s super moist and delicious… if you like carrot cake, you’ll love this! Honestly, I can’t stress enough how damn GOOD this cake is! I’m not a huge lover of fruit cake, but absolutely love this. Unlike other recipes using Fuyu persimmon, you don’t need to puree the fruit first (who has time for that?!). Just chop into small pieces, and you can even leave the skin on.
- 3 cups firm Fuyu persimmons, chopped
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 115g butter
- 390g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup raisins
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
Cream cheese icing:
- 75g cream cheese
- 50g softened butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
1) Preheat oven to 180°C fan. Grease a cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
2) Mix baking soda into chopped persimmons and put to one side.
3) Beat butter and sugar. Add eggs, lemon juice and vanilla essence. Mix well.
4) Sift in dry ingredients. Then add persimmon mixture, raisins and walnuts.
5) Spoon into greased cake tin (I used 22cm).
6) Cook at 180° for approx. 55-65 mins, depending on size of tin. Leave in tin for 10 mins then cool on rack.
7) To make icing, beat cream cheese and butter, then stir in icing sugar. Ice cake when cold. Enjoy!
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!