Peanut Butter & Oat Cookies
Featured on The Cafe, Tuesday 14 April 2020
No flour, just delicious cookies!
Makes 12 chunky cookies
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup soft brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup quick oats
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 160°C fan bake). Line a baking tray.
- Mix together the peanut butter, egg, sugars and baking soda until well combined. Stir through the oats.
- Heap tablespoon size balls of dough onto the lined baking tray, press gently with a fork.
- Bake for 8 mins (don’t overcook they will firm up once removed from the oven).
- Leave for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool. Enjoy!
- If you find the dough is too crumbly, just add a little more peanut butter.
- The sweetness will depend on how much sugar is in the peanut butter. (Add a little more sugar if you need depending on which brand you use).