Smooth creamy semifreddo with the refreshing taste of passionfruit! Perfect for summer, and no need for an icecream maker!
- 1 egg + 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 300ml cream
- 1/3 cup passionfruit pulp
- Extra passionfruit pulp to serve
- Line a loaf tin with two layers of plastic wrap.
- In a glass bowl, add the egg, egg yolks and sugar. Mix until thick and creamy.
- Place bowl over a saucepan of simmering water on the hob. Keep whisking for 5 mins or doubled in size. (Good exercise!).
- Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a new bowl, beat the cream until soft peaks form. Gently fold half the cream into the egg mix. Then fold in the rest, along with the passionfruit pulp.
- Pour the mix into the lined tin and freeze for 6+ hours or overnight.
- Drizzle over extra passionfruit to serve.
If you’re trying to take a nice photo of this dessert – best NOT to do it on the hottest day of the year like I did here!!!
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!