Delicious Orange Biscuits – crisp on the outside, soft in the middle. These egg-free cookies have a tasty hint of orange zest. Plus, they make the kitchen smell amazing! You can freeze them too.
Makes 16 biscuits
- 70g white sugar
- 110g butter, room temperature
- 30ml orange juice (1 tbsp and 2 tsp, approx. half a large orange)
- 2 tsp orange zest (approx. one large orange)
- 150g flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 175°C.
- Cream butter and sugar until pale. Add orange juice and zest. Mix again.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt. Mix until it forms a dough.
- Roll into 16 balls (divide the dough into quarters first to make it easier).
- Place balls of dough onto the lined baking tray.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on rack, and enjoy!
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!
This recipe featured on The Cafe Thursday 10 December