One Pot Lemon Chicken
A classic family meal that can be prepared all in one pot, straight from cooking to serving. Delicious tangy chicken, vegetables and rice. I like to leave the frozen peas out to defrost at room temperature and stir through right before serving to they keep their vibrant colour.
Serves four adults
- 6-8 chicken pieces (eg breast or thigh)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 270g rice (eg basmati or jasmine)
- 700ml chicken stock
- 2 lemons, juice and zest
- Fresh herbs (eg thyme, sage or oregon)
- 200g green beans
- 1 capsicum, chopped
- ½ cup frozen peas, thawed to room temperature
4 litre ovenproof casserole dish with lid
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- In the casserole dish, brown the chicken pieces in oil on the stovetop. Remove and leave to one side.
- Add the onion to the pan, and cook for a couple of minutes, add the garlic (watching it doesn’t burn).
- Add the rice and stir to coat.
- Pour in the stock, lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh herbs, green beans and capsicum. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, then pop the chicken pieces back on top. Put the lid on, and put in the oven for 40 mins to cook.
- Once cooked, stir through the peas then serve.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!
Made on The Cafe Thursday 10th September 2020