Mushroom & Lentil Burgers
Featured on The Cafe, Thursday 9 April 2020
Makes 6 burgers (or 4 jumbo size burgers!)
- 250g mushrooms (I used Meadow Mushrooms small Portabello mushrooms)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small onion
- 1 tin of lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 egg
- 6 tbsp breadcrumbs
- Extra breadcrumbs to coat patties
- Salt and pepper
- Oil for frying
- Burger rolls
- Cook the garlic and onion in oil for a couple of minutes, until soft.
- Add the chopped mushrooms and grated carrot, and cook through.
- Add in the lentils, mustard, salt and pepper. Cook for a few more minutes until all the ingredients are mixed in.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a large bowl to cool down for 10-15 minutes.
- Next, add in one egg and 6 tablespoons of breadcrumbs. Mix well to combine.
- Divide the mix into portions – this makes 6 normal burgers or 4 jumbo burgers. Shape into patties using your hands, then coat on both sides with the remaining breadcrumbs.
- Heat a little vegetable oil in the frying pan and cook the patties for a couple of minutes on each side, until lightly golden.
- Serve in a burger roll with extra fried onion, relishes, sauce, lettuce – or anything you please!
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!