These savoury muffins are soft, fluffy and full of tasty flavours of the Mediterranean, including olives, feta cheese and sundried tomatoes. Savoury muffins are perfect for brunch, as a light lunch with salad or as an afternoon snack. This recipe is by Kitchen Aid.
Makes 6 muffins
- 135g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 medium zucchini/courgette, grated
- 25g parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 25g pitted olives, roughly chopped
- 1 egg
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra light olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 50g sun dried tomatoes
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- freshly ground salt and black peppercorns, to taste
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan). Grease or line 6 x ⅓ cup capacity muffin pan with paper cases.
- Attach the flat beater to a stand mixer. Sift the flour, baking powder and nutmeg into the mixing bowl.
- Add the grated zucchini, cheese, olives, egg, oil, lemon juice, tomatoes and half of the feta. Turn the machine to speed 2 and mix for 15 seconds or until the mixture is combined – do not over mix.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin paper cases and top with the remaining feta.
- Bake in the top shelf of the oven for 18-20 minutes or until golden and firm. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm straight from the oven or at room temperature.
- Muffins are often over mixed producing a dry tough result. For a perfect result every time, combine mixture on speed 2 only until the mixture just comes together.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!
Made on The Cafe Monday 19 October 2020