Lemon Sour Cream Muffins
It’s no secret that lemon is my favourite ingredient to bake with. Whether it’s a sharp Lemon Tart, soft and creamy filled Lemon Pavlova, or traditional Lemon Sour Cream Cake… they’re all so good! I’m lucky to have a lemon tree in our garden – it isn’t very big but manages to produce enough fruit to keep me happy!
Fortunately my kids (and husband) share my love of lemon. These Lemon Sour Cream Muffins are the perfect size for lunchboxes. I only tend to buy sour cream when we’re having nachos for dinner. Then usually the next day I’m baking something delicious with what’s left.
- 115g butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
Zest of 2 lemons
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Icing sugar to dust
- Cream together butter and sugar. Mix in lemon juice, sour cream, eggs and vanilla essence.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt) and the lemon zest.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, folding gently to combine. Don’t overmix.
- Spoon into paper muffin cases.
- Bake at 190° for 15-20 mins
- Dust with icing sugar when cool.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!
Featured on The Cafe, Monday 22 June 2020