Lemon Shortbread Slice
My Lemon Shortbread Slice is SO easy to make!
Who could resist this zesty shortbread base, topped with a layer of luscious lemon…
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 220g butter, unsalted
- Zest of one lemon
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 ¾ cup sugar
- 1/3 – 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Zest of two lemons
1) Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a deep tin (approx 23cm x 23cm) with baking paper.
2) In a bowl, mix together flour, icing sugar, butter and lemon zest.
3) Press into the tin and bake for 15-20 mins, or until lightly golden.
4) To make the top layer – in a clean bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and lemon juice. Sift in flour and baking powder.
Add lemon zest and gently fold.
5) Once the base has cooked, remove from the oven. Once the slice has cooled a little, but is still warm, pour the topping over.
6) Return the tin to the oven and cook at 180° for approx. 25 mins.
7) Remove from the oven. When cool, dust with icing sugar, and slice. Enjoy!
This recipe aired on The Cafe, Monday 11 May 2020
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!