Lemon Shortbread Slice
My Lemon Shortbread Slice is SO easy to make!
Who could resist this zesty shortbread base, topped with a layer of luscious lemon…
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup icing sugar
- 220g butter
- Zest of one lemon
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 ¾ cup sugar
- 1/3 – 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Zest of two lemons
1) Preheat oven to 180°C.
2) Mix together flour, icing sugar, butter and lemon zest.
3) Press into lined tin (approx. 23cm x 23cm) Bake for 15-20 mins, or til lightly golden.
4) For the top – beat eggs, sugar and lemon juice. Sift in flour and baking powder.
Add lemon zest and gently fold.
5) Pour over cooked slice (that’s slightly cooled, but still warm).
6) Cook at 180° for approx. 25 mins. Cool, dust with icing sugar, and slice.
This recipe aired on The Cafe, Monday 11 May 2020
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!