Lemon & Berry Bundt Cake
- 300g unsalted butter/margarine
- 300g white sugar
- 6 medium eggs
- 300g plain flour
- 6 tsp baking powder
- Zest of two lemons
- 300g berries – I used a mix of frozen blueberries and raspberries (defrosted)
- 125g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan/160°C non fan. Prepare the bundt tin by greasing well inside (get into all the groves) then lightly dusting with flour.
- Cream together butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder and lemon zest. Don’t overmix.
- Fold through half of the berries. Pour mixture into prepared tin and then gently poke the remaining berries into the top (they will sink down lower as it bakes).
- Bake for 50-60 mins. The top will spring back when lightly touched, or check the deepest part of the cake with a skewer to see if cooked through. Leave in tin for 10 mins, then turn out and cool on a rack.
- Once cool, make up the icing by mixing together the icing sugar and lemon juice. Pour over the cake and enjoy!
I used a 23cm x 9cm Bundt tin to make this recipe.
This recipe is adapted from one by www.janespatisserie.com
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!