Lamb & Hummus Pita Pizzas
Makes 4 pita pizzas , double the recipe to make more!
- 250g minced or diced lamb
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 x pita breads
- 1/2 cup plain hummus
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- Brown lamb in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add oil and add chopped onion and garlic. Cook until soft.
- Stir through the cumin, oregano, cinnamon and salt. Cook for another minute, then add in ½ cup water and the chopped tomato. Cook for 4 minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften. Add the fresh lemon juice and continue to simmer further until the liquid has reduced down.
- Toast Danny’s Pita Breads (under the grill or in a toaster) on both sides.
- Spoon over two tablespoons of hummus onto each pita bread. Top each one with the lamb mixture. Sprinkle over toasted pine nuts, fresh parsley and chopped feta. Serve immediately.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!
Featured on The Cafe, Wednesday 13 May 2020