Jaffa Loaf Cake
This tempting Jaffa Loaf Cake tastes AMAZING! Orange and chocolate is such a delicious flavour combination. There’s a couple more ingredients than I would normally use – but the recipe is still super straightforward. I love the simplicity of loaf cakes, with no need for icing.
Chocolate + Orange = YUM!
- 150g butter
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1 tbsp orange zest
- Preheat oven to 170°. Grease a loaf tin.
- Mix together butter, sugar and golden syrup.
- Add egg and vegetable oil. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, sieve flour, baking soda and cocoa powder. Mix together, then fold into the wet mixture.
- Add orange juice and zest, mixing gently to combine.
- Spoon into loaf tin. Bake for 45 mins.
- Cool in the tin, then slice and enjoy!
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!