Scrumptious Hokey Pokey
Hokey pokey, honeycomb, cinder toffee… whatever you call it, it’s delicious! This crunchy, chewy treat uses only three ingredients!
Great by itself, crumbled into ice-cream, or drizzled with chocolate for a homemade Crunchie bar!
- 200g sugar
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 3 tsp baking soda
- Line a bowl with greaseproof paper and set to one side.
- In a large saucepan, mix the sugar with the golden syrup. Bring to the boil, while stirring continuously. (Watch it doesn’t burn!)
- Turn down heat to low, and simmer for 5-8 mins
- Remove from the heat and quickly stir in baking soda. (It’ll expand immediately!)
- Pour into the bowl and leave to harden for one hour.
- Remove from the bowl and break into pieces. Enjoy!
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!