Healthy Cereal Bars
A tasty treat that’s packed full of goodness – Harraways oats, seeds, honey, banana and apple! Easy to slice up and pop into lunchboxes, or serve for morning tea or an after school snack. This recipe is by Harraways.
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 ½ cups Harraways Oat-activ or Harraways Scotch Oats
- 1 cup dried fruit (mixture)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 apple, coarsely grated
- 2 mashed bananas
- 2 tablespoons nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew)
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Lightly grease a slice pan. Line with baking paper, allowing 2cm overhang at long ends.
- Combine seeds, oats, and dried fruit in a large bowl.
- Place nut butter and honey in a saucepan over low heat. Cook, occasionally stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until melted. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3 minutes constantly stirring or until slightly thickened.
- Combine both mixtures, add apple and banana. Stir to combine. Spoon into prepared pan. Using the back of a spoon, press mixture evenly into pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden. Cool in pan completely. Refrigerate for 2 hours before cutting into bars.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!
This recipe featured on The Cafe, Weds 11 November 2020