Gingerbread Loaf is something my whole family adores!
This easy recipe makes a delightful soft, gingery loaf, which only needs one tablespoon of golden syrup.
- 1 egg
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 50g butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
1) Preheat oven to 180°C.
2) Cream together egg and sugar.
3) Melt the butter and golden syrup in microwave (30 sec bursts). Mix well.
Add to egg and sugar, stir well.
4) Sift and mix in flour, baking powder, ground ginger, cinnamon.
5) Stir baking soda into the milk. Slowly add into the mix.
(Will be runny!)
6) Pour into greased/lined loaf tin. Cook for approx. 35mins.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!