Ginger Oat Biscuits
Delicious chunky biscuits with a double hit of ginger and the goodness of rolled oats. I love using crystallised ginger in baking, and it works so well in these cookies. A little goes a long way! Perfect with a hot drink or for morning tea.
Makes approx 15 chunky biscuits
- 115g salted butter*
- 50g golden syrup
- 90g soft brown sugar
- 85g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¾ tsp ground cinnamon
- 200g rolled oats
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 25g crystallised ginger, finely chopped
(* or use unsalted butter and add ½ tsp salt)
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a baking tray.
- In the microwave, melt butter and golden syrup. Leave to one side.
- In a bowl, add sugar, flour baking powder, ground ginger and ground cinnamon. Mix well.
- Mix in rolled oats, stirring well to combine.
- Add in the finely chopped ginger and beaten egg. Mix again. The mixture will be quite wet.
- Spoon heaped balls onto the baking tray, leaving a few centremetres apart to allow for spreading. Don’t press the mixture down).
- I use two trays.
- Bake for 8-10 mins. Leave on baking tray for a couple of minutes to firm up, then move onto a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!