Fluffy Blueberry Pancakes
I LOVE pancakes. Whether it’s breakfast, brunch, dinner (or ‘brinner’) – and of course Shrove Tuesday! These are fluffy, light and bursting with blueberry deliciousness! Best served immediately after making. Don’t be put off if you don’t have buttermilk, it’s so easy to make your own.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk* (I always make my own, see tip below)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, vanilla essence and oil and whisk to combine. (A few little lumps are still okay).
- Spray a non-stick frying pan with oil, and heat to medium-high.
- Pour in batter – I use a 1/3 cup measure to scoop out even amounts. Dot in blueberries (see tip below).
- Cook for a couple of mins on medium high until bubbles form in the middle, then flip and cook for a further 2 mins until light golden brown.
- Best served immediately.
- Don’t have buttermilk? It’s easy to make your own – just stir 1 tbsp white vinegar into 1 cup milk. That’s it!
- I used about a dozen frozen blueberries per pancake and used a 1/3 measuring cup to scoop out the batter. This made approx 7 fluffy pancakes, around 14cm diameter.
- If you’re using fresh blueberries it’s fine to mix them into the batter along with the other wet ingredients. Frozen blueberries however, bleed into the mixture and turn the batter purple. You can avoid this by just dotting them straight into the batter in the pan.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!