Easy Family Nachos
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 500g beef mince
- Tortilla chips (approx 200g bag)
- 1 x 400g can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 x can diced tomatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 125g sour cream
- Seasoning, to taste, eg dried cumin, paprika, chilli powder, salt and pepper
- (Chopped parsley, for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan).
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add the chopped onion and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes until soft.
- Add the mince and brown all over.
- Next, add the kidney beans, tinned tomatoes, and a grated carrot.
- Make up a seasoning mix with ¼ tsp each of paprika/cumin/chilli/dried herbs etc plus salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Layer out the tortilla chips in an oven-proof dish. Add the cooked mince mixture, and top with grated cheese. Cook until the cheese turns golden.
- Serve hot with a generous dollop of sour cream. If you have, add a sprinkle of chopped parsley and diced tomato.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!
Featured on The Cafe: At Home on Tuesday 7 April 2020