Creamy Mushroom Tarts
Makes 8 small tarts
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 brown onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 400g Meadow mushrooms, sliced (eg white button, small portabello)
- 1 tsp fresh or dried thyme
- 1/3 cup finely chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp dry white wine
- 1/2 cup of light cream cheese
- 1/3 cup finely grated cheese
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180°celcius fan-bake
- Using a sharp paring knife, cut your pastry into quarters. Score the pastry with a 1 cm border around the edges. Using a fork, lightly prick the squares a few times each and put into the oven to cook for 5 minutes.
- To make the filling, cook the onion, garlic, chopped mushrooms and thyme over medium heat until the mushrooms have released most of their liquids.
- Add the wine and continue to cook until the liquid is mostly evaporated.
- Take off the heat and stir in the cream cheese until smooth, then add salt and pepper to taste. Mix in the grated cheese and half of the parsley then spoon the filling onto the pastry squares. (Optional: sprinkle with sesame seeds).
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the puff pastry is golden brown and the tart filling is also browning.
- Garnish with extra parsley and serve while warm.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!
Featured on The Cafe, Tuesday 5 May 2020