Cranberry & Almond Biscotti
Featured on The Cafe, Thursday 7 May 2020
Makes approx. 40 pieces.
- 260g flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 60g desiccated coconut
- Zest of one lemon
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 100g almonds (silvered or sliced)
- ½ cup (heaped), dried chopped cranberries (or apricots)
- 2 drops lemon juice
- White chocolate/nuts to decorate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 190°celcius.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, coconut and lemon zest in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar, then pour into the dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Stir through the almonds and cranberries, and lemon juice.
- Tip dough onto lightly floured benchtop and shape into two long logs.
- Place on a greased and floured baking tray.
- Bake for 30 mins.
- Remove from the oven and when cool enough to handle, slice into 1/2cm thick slices.
- Reduce oven heat to 130° celcius. Place slices on baking tray and return to the oven for 20 mins or until biscotti are firm.
- Cool on a rack. Optional: dip into melted white chocolate and sprinkle on chopped nuts. Store in an air right container.
- Dough should not be sticky, add more flour if it is. Use a heavy serrated knife to slice.
- The logs should be firm enough to handle after the first bake. If they collapse when you go to slice, then bake for a little longer.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!