A perfect sweet treat for coffee lovers. These are classic afghan biscuits that everyone knows and loves with a coffee twist!
Makes approx 16-18
- 200g butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 2 tsp instant coffee granules
- Walnut pieces, to decorate
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp instant coffee granules (dissolved in a little boiling water)
- 1/8 tsp butter, softened
- A little extra hot water
- Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add flour and cocoa powder and mix again until combined.
- Dissolve coffee in a little boiling water. Stir through mixture.
- Fold through cornflakes using a spatula or wooden spoon.
- Spoon mounds of mixture onto lined baking tray and press gently together.
- Bake at 180°C for approx. 13-15 mins. Ice when cold.
To make icing:
- Mix together the ingredients until smooth.
- Add enough hot water to reach the desired consistency.
- Ice biscuits when cold, and decorate with walnut pieces.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!
Featured on The Cafe, Monday 29 June 2020