Coconut Passionfruit Cupcakes
Fluffy coconut cupcakes topped with a light coconut and passionfruit buttercream. Tropical and fun!
- 200g butter, softened
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups plain flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup milk, room temperature
- 150g butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons passionfruit pulp
- Shredded coconut to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line pan with cupcake cases (makes approx. 16).
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla essence until pale and creamy. Mix in eggs.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder and coconut together.
- Stir into butter mix alternately with the milk. Pour into cupcake cases and bake for 12-15 mins or until light golden brown. Leave for 5 mins, then turn onto rack to cool.
- To make buttercream icing: Cream butter until light and fluffy – ideally spend a few minutes doing this as the lighter the better! Add vanilla essence and slowly beat in icing sugar and coconut. Beat well. Add passionfruit pulp and mix again.
- Pipe or spread onto cooled cupcakes, and sprinkle a little shredded coconut on top.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!
Featured on The Cafe, Wednesday 27 May 2020