Classic Anzac Biscuits
Traditional oaty biscuits that are a perfect way to commemorate Anzac Day – or enjoy any day of the year!
These keep well and are easy to store.
Makes 20 large biscuits
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup soft brown sugar
- ¼ cup golden syrup
- 125g unsalted butter
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan bake and line two oven trays.
- Combine Harraways rolled oats, flour, coconut and sugar in a large bowl.
- Heat together golden syrup and butter until butter melts.
- Stir in soda, then mix into dry ingredients until well combined.
- Roll mixture into balls slightly smaller than a golf ball and place on trays, allowing a little room for spreading.
- Lightly flatten with and bake for approx. 20 minutes. (Times will vary depending on biscuits size and whether you like the biscuits soft and chewy or hard and crunchy).
- Allow to cool on the trays (they will harden on cooling) before transferring to airtight container. They will keep fresh for two weeks.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!