Chocolate Orange Brownies
Warning: These brownies are SERIOUSLY good! Squidgy and fudgy with a delicious chocolate orange flavour, and classic crisp brownie top. They’re just delicious!
- 200g butter (chopped)
- 200g dark chocolate drops
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 3 tbsp orange juice (approx. half the large orange)
- 3 large eggs (size 7)
- 200g caster sugar
- 100g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g cocoa powder
- 100g white chocolate drops
- Heat oven to 180°C/160°C fan and line a 20cm x 20cm tin with baking paper.
- Put the butter, dark chocolate and orange zest in a small saucepan and very gently melt over a low heat, stirring occasionally. Leave to cool.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together with electric beaters until the mixture is pale and doubled in size.
- Stir the orange juice into the cooled chocolate mix, then pour into the egg mixture.
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Fold to combine. Stir through the white chocolate drops.
- Pour into the lined tin and bake for approx. 35-45 mins. (The edges will be set, but there should still be a little jiggle in the middle).
- Cool in the tin and then cut into squares.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!