I’ve made these Chocolate Nests every Easter since I was a little girl. (I can vividly remember melting the chocolate and licking the spoon aged about 6!). It’s a tradition that has passed down to my kids. These beautiful little Chocolate Nests were made by my daughter.
(Makes 12 depending on size)
- 200g milk chocolate
- 85g cereal*
- (Can add a drop of vanilla essence if you like)
- Mini chocolate eggs
*Here my daughter used All-Bran as it looks most like twigs. It makes the nests healthier too! You may prefer to use cornflakes. English-style Shredded Wheat is my favourite option, but hard to find in NZ.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt in the microwave, in 20 second bursts.
- Break up the cereal, and stir in.
- Drop a spoonful of mixture onto a plate lined with baking paper (to stop it sticking). Use your fingers to form into nest, with a hollow in the centre. It may help to use the back of a teaspoon.
- Put into the fridge to set. Then fill with chocolate eggs!
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!