Chocolate Mint Biscuits
Chocolate fluffy biscuits sandwiched together with a tasty peppermint buttercream filling. Delicious! And they only take around 10 minutes in the oven.
Makes approx. 12 joined biscuits (24 individual biscuits)
- 120g butter, at room temperature
- 50g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 160g plain flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 20g butter (room temperature)
- 125 g icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 drop green food colouring
- 2 drops peppermint extract
- Preheat oven to 170°. Line a baking tray with baking paper or reusable baking sheet.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla essence and beat again.
- Sieve in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Mix to combine.
- The mixture will be crumbly – add a tiny splash of milk if you need. Once combined, use hands to form a dough.
- Roll out small balls of dough (approx. large teaspoon size) and place onto lined tray. Press down with a fork, and make a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for approx. 10 mins. Leave to cool on the baking tray for a couple of minutes, then transfer to wire rack to cool.
- Make the filling: Beat the butter until light. Add in 125g icing sugar – mix on low level to combine. Once mixed, add in vanilla essence, green food colouring (optional) and mint flavouring to taste. Once the biscuits are cold, sandwich two together with the cream.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!
Featured on The Cafe, Monday 25 May 2020