Chocolate Chunk Cookies
These chocolate and nut chunky cookies are just the best! Big, chocolatey, nutty – don’t take my word for it! Perfect with a glass of milk or anytime you’re craving a decadent chocolate cookie. The addition of baking soda gives them a delicious light texture inside.
Makes approx 26-28 chunky cookies
- 225g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 160g brown sugar
- 75g white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts eg macadamia/cashews/peanuts
- 100g milk/dark chocolate chips
- 100g white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180° celcius/160° celcius fan. Line two baking trays.
- Cream together the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla essence and beat again.
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add the nuts and chocolate chips and stir well (I use a wooden spoon for this part – will be a thick sticky mixture).
- Spoon out balls of dough and space out on the lined trays. (No need to flatten with a fork).
- Bake for approx 9-12 mins. Leave on trays for couple of minutes to firm up, then transfer to a wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!
Featured on The Cafe, Monday 8 June 2020