Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
Delicious, soft chocolate cookies topped with melted chocolate and sprinkled with crushed candy canes. The perfect Christmas cookie!
Makes approx. 12 biscuits (depending on size)
- 120g butter, at room temperature
- 50g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 160g plain flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 40g / ¼ cup chocolate drops
- 5 mini peppermint candy canes
- A little milk
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper or reusable baking sheet.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla essence and beat again.
- Sieve in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Mix to combine.
- The mixture will be crumbly – add a tiny splash of milk if you need. Once combined, use hands to form a dough.
- Roll out small balls of dough and place onto lined tray. Press down with a fork, and make a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake for approx. 12-18 mins depending on size of biscuit. Leave to cool on the baking tray for a couple of minutes to firm up, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave, and crush the candy canes into a smaller pieces (place in a bag, cover with a tea towel and hit with a rolling pin!)
- Once the biscuit are cool, spoon melted chocolate onto half of each and sprinkle the candy cane pieces on top.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!