Chicken & Kale Stir Fry Noodles
An easy way to turn MAGGI 2 Minute noodles into a tasty family meal! This recipe is by MAGGI.
- 250g chicken breast thinly sliced
- 6 cups kale roughly chopped, stalks removed
- ½ cup chicken stock or broth
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons ginger finely grated
- 1 medium capsicum roughly chopped
- 1 regular spring onion diced
- 2 large button mushrooms roughly chopped
- 1 medium red chilli finely diced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Kecap Manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 x packets MAGGI 2 Minute Noodles Chicken with Wholegrain
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil (or sesame oil)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons granulated peanuts
- Crispy kale (oven baked)
- Heat a wok on high and add the peanut/sesame oil, followed by the thinly sliced chicken, chilli and half of the garlic and ginger. Stirfry for 3 to 4 minutes until chicken is cooked. Then, remove chicken from wok and set aside in a bowl.
- Add the chicken stock/broth, remaining half of the garlic and ginger to the wok, followed by the kale. (ensure you have removed the stalks from the kale as they are bitter, tough and not pleasant). Stirfry the kale for 3 to 4 minutes until soft.
- Add the capsicum and mushrooms with the soy sauce, kecap manis and lemon juice. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Cook MAGGI 2 Minute Noodles Chicken with Wholegrain to the directions on the packet, drain and set aside.
- Add the chicken back in and stir through.
- Add the noodles and spring onions and stir through until they are mixed through.
- To serve, use tongs to place the stirfry in a pile on your favourite plate or bowl.
Leave 1 cup of kale out of the stir fry, roughly chop and place on a lined baking tray with a splash of oil (vegetable or ricebran), sesame seeds and sprinkle of sea salt. Bake in pre-heated oven at 175°C for 10-12 mins or until crispy. Be careful not to burn them though!
Sprinkle over the stir fry the crispy Kale and sesame seeds plus finely chopped peanuts, and some extra spring onions if you have some left over.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!
Featured on The Cafe, Wednesday 21 October 2020