Chicken and Corn Chowder
A delicious hearty chowder, that’s perfect for a quick meal.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 125g streaky bacon rashers
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 500g potatoes, diced
- 1 x capsicum, chopped
- ½ tsp dried mixed herbs
- 570ml milk
- 450ml water
- 300g cooked chicken, skinless/boneless,
- 1 x tin sweetcorn, drained
- 150ml single cream
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley to garnish
- In a pan, fry bacon in oil until crispy. Drain on paper towel and chop into small pieces.
- Add onion to the pan, fry over gentle heat for about 5 minutes until softened. Add the diced capsicum.
- Add the potatoes, and mixed herbs. Stir to combine. Add in the milk, water and salt and pepper. (Don’t oversalt as the bacon will be added again later).
- Bring to the boil, then lower heat then simmer for about 20 mins or until the potatoes are soft when poked with a fork.
- Add the cooked chicken and tinned sweetcorn. Heat through for a few minutes, then lower the heat and add in the cream. Serve hot, with the bacon and chopped parsley scattered on top.
- Pita bread
- Olive oil
- Garlic salt
- If your pita bread is thick, split into two thinner halves. Then cut each half into 8 triangles.
- Line a baking tray and brush with oil.
- In a bowl, mix some olive oil with garlic salt and pepper. Use other spices if you like.
- Brush this mixture over the pita bread triangles and bake for approx. 5 mins at 190° celcius or until crisp.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!
Featured on The Cafe, Tuesday 26 May 2020