Cheaty Chocolate Croissants
Flaky croissants oozing with chocolate… and only 3 ingredients!
An easy treat for weekend brunch that ANYONE can make!
Makes eight croissants.
- Two ready-made puff pastry sheets
- One egg, whisked
- Chocolate spread
- Preheat oven to 200°.
- Place puff pastry sheet on floured bench top. (I like to roll it a little thinner).
- Cut in half lengthways, and in half lengthways again – making four long triangles (see video).
- Spoon a dollop of chocolate spread onto each triangle. Repeat with a second puff pastry sheet.
- Brush a little whisked egg onto the thin tip of each triangle.
- Then starting from the wide end, roll up towards the tip.
- Place onto lined baking tray and brush with the remaining egg.
- Bend sightly into crescent shapes. Bake for 20 mins.
- I use frozen puff pastry sheets, just allow to thaw for a few minutes on the bench top before starting.
- Best eaten when warm!
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!