Blueberry Cheesecake Slice
A delightful cheesecake recipe with a lovely buttery biscuity base, a luscious cream cheesecake filling and bright swirl of blueberries through the top. What more could you want!
- 1 cup blueberries (150 g)
- 1/4 cup sugar (50 g)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 200g biscuit crumbs
- 90g unsalted butter, melted
- Optional: Zest of 1 lemon
- 450g full fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 285g sour cream, room temperature
- 200g sugar
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 large eggs, room temperature, lightly whisked
- To make the biscuit base, crush 200g biscuits to form crumbs and stir through the melted butter. (Mix in lemon zest if using). Press into a lined tin and place in the freezer for 30 mins to firm up.
- To make the blueberry coulis, stir the cornflour into the lemon juice to make a paste. In a small saucepan, heat the blueberries and sugar. Mix in the cornflour paste. Cook down over a low heat until the blueberries soften and the sauce thickens. (Break down some of the blueberries with the back of a spoon). Leave to cool a little.
- To make the cheesecake filling, beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Gently stir through the sour cream, sugar, flour, lemon juice, vanilla essence and eggs.
- Pour cheesecake filling into the chilled biscuit base. Dot the blueberry coulis on top, and swirl through using a knife.
- Bake at 160° (not fan) for approx. 40 mins or until the edges are set and the middle has a slight wiggle. Leave to cool before serving and store in the fridge.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!
Featured on The Cafe, Monday 18 May 2020