I’m all about simple recipes and they don’t get much more straightforward than this. I love taking the cheats option too of sprinkling icing sugar on top instead of frosting or icing – super easy with the pretty Tala sugar shaker. (Also – it’s healthier than thick icing.) My kids practically inhale these once they’re out the oven! You could also add a few chocolate chips, or chopped walnuts
These make approx 10 large muffins, or 12-14 standard cupcake cases. (In the photos above, I’d filled 14 standard cupcake cases. They’re still a nice size, and good for kids’ lunches).
- 125g butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups mashed banana (2-3 bananas, depending on size)
- 2 tbsp milk, hot
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Icing sugar to dust
- Preheat oven to 180°. Line a tray with paper cases.
- Cream the butter and sugar. Add the eggs, and beat well again.
- Mix in the mashed banana.
- Stir the baking soda into the hot milk, and add to the mixture.
- Sift in flour and baking powder, stirring gently to combine.
- Spoon mixture into baking cases.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until well risen and lightly golden.
- Cool on a rack, then sprinkle with icing sugar and enjoy!
Notes: These muffins will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to four days. They can be frozen, then thawed at room temperature.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!