Banana Berry Puff Parcels
These Puff Parcels are a super easy dessert you can whip up in minutes. I filled these with bananas and berries, and finished them off with drizzle of maple syrup. You can make with just bananas, or try with sliced apple or persimmon too! Serve warm from the oven or with a scoop of ice cream. YUM!
The following makes 4 puff pastry parcels. You can easily double the recipe to make more.
- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 1 small banana
- A few frozen berries (can use straight from the freezer)
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (I used raw sugar)
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Cut thawed pasty into four squares.
- Lay slices of banana on one half of each pastry square.
- Brush milk around the edges and fold in half.
- Use a fork to press down and seal the edges. Sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake for approx. 12-15 mins until puffed up and golden.
- Best eaten warm from the oven, but wait a few moments first as the fruit filling will be hot.
- These should be eaten on the day of making.
- Alternate fillings could be plain banana, apple or berries. If using apples, just thinly slice. They don’t need to be peeled first.
- It’s far easier to assemble the parcels on the baking tray, rather than move them across once already filled! (I learnt from experience…!)
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!