Avocado & Kumara Brownies
Rich fudgey gluten-free chocolate brownies made with avocado and Kumara! Topped off with a chocolate and coconut cream icing, these are delicious!
Recipe from Countdown
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato – roasted until soft and then mashed
- 1 avocado pitted, peeled
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 200g dark chocolate drops
- 3/4 cup of coconut cream
- Preheat oven to 180° Celsius. Line the bottom of a 20cm x 20cm dish with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mash the kumara and avocado together with a fork.
- In a food processor combine mashed kumara and avocado along with remaining ingredients for brownies until smooth- try to avoid over-mixing. Spread batter into the lined dish.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Leave to cool before icing.
- Melt 200g of dark chocolate (either in a water bath on the stove, or in 30 second bursts in the microwave).
- Add coconut cream to melted chocolate and whisk until smooth.
- Pour over the cooled brownie.
- Refrigerate until firm, enjoy!
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!
Featured on The Cafe, Monday 15 June 2020