I have made this recipe from my trusty Edmonds cookbook countless times. It’s a real family favourite, and something my daughter also likes to make. I tend to halve the quantities in the recipe again, or even double, as find the biscuits don’t hang around for long! We also tend to skip the walnuts as my kids prefer them without.
- 200g margarine/butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups cornflakes
- Chocolate icing to decorate
- Walnuts to decorate (optional)
The original recipe says it makes 30 biscuits. I’m a little more generous with my sizing, and only get around 15 biscuits from this mix!
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Cream butter and sugar until ight and fluffy.
- Add in the flour and cocoa powder (I don’t always bother with sifting it!).
- Stir through the cornflakes.
- Spoon mounds onto a lined baking tray, pressing down slightly. Bake for approx. 15 mins or until set.
- Ice when cold, and decorate with a walnut if you like.
Recipe courtesy of Edmonds Cookbook.