Sausage & Apple Pie
Featured on The Cafe, Thursday 30 April 2020
- 8 pork sausages (600g)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, sliced
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 packet MAGGI Devilled Sausages recipe base
- Shortcrust pastry (500g)
- Heat frying pan, brown sausages, add onion and apple and cook for 2 mins.
- Add combined tomato sauce, 1 ½ cups water and MAGGI Devilled Sausages recipe base, bring to boil, simmering.
- Simmer, uncovered 10 mins or until sausages are cooked, stir occasionally until thickened.
- Leave to cool a little, then pour into a pie dish and top with shortcrust pastry. Brush with beaten egg, and make slits to allow steam to escape. Bake at 180°C until golden.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!