Quick Brownie Slice
This Quick Brownie Slice is FANTASTIC when you need to bake – in a hurry! The super easy recipe is perfect for a quick afternoon tea or treat for the kids.
I’ve served it to friends who never guessed it was a microwave recipe!
- 150g butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Line a microwave-proof round dish. Spray the bottom half of a microwave-safe glass with spray oil, and stand in the centre.
- Melt butter in microwave. Add sugar, mixing well. Let cool a little, then mix in eggs, vanilla essence and water. Stir well to combine.
- Add flour, baking powder, flour and salt. Stir well to combine, mixing until smooth.
- Pour into prepared dish.
- Place on upturned plate in the microwave, and cook on medium power for 11 minutes.
- Sprinkle with desiccated coconut and serve.
Made this recipe?
Tag @onehandedbaker on Facebook or #onehandedbaker on Instagram!